Call Us Today For Legal Assistance: (866) 762-0308


Zoning is the first and most important part about beginning any business in any city or state. The local governments of different areas create different types of zoning laws to help ensure that the health and the safety of the community are taken into consideration before any business is opened. Not only do zoning laws help with health and safety, but the laws are also meant to regulate the growth of the area. Zoning laws are also referred to as zoning ordinances or land use regulations, and a lawyer can help you understand the laws of the area in which you’re trying to open up a drug and alcohol rehab so you’re within regulations.

When you’re working with a lawyer on the zoning of your new alcohol and drug treatment center, they will walk you through the different types of zoning laws and explain to you the differences if you have any questions. 

The types of zoning laws affect residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and recreational buildings. For your business, the zoning will involve the type of business that you’re opening, and this will help depict which part of the city you can open your treatment center in.

While getting ready to go over the zoning laws, your lawyer will help you understand what the local government is regulating. This can include everything from activities, noise levels, waste management, the appearance of the building and parking. You’ll need to work with the lawyer to check the zoning ordinances for the areas you’re looking to open up your treatment center because only certain businesses are allowed in each area. Some of the zoning ordinances may be conditional, which means you can only open in a certain area if you comply with certain guidelines like having a specific amount of street parking spaces available. The lawyer will do their best to help you open your new business where you want, but they’ll also give you other options and advice based on their experience.